Giftedness always starts with HUMILITY:
Romans 12:3 / 1 Corinthians 12:4-5,
- Humility is not a LOW OPINION of self, but an HONEST and ACCURATE one.
- Our gifts do not make us better or worse than anyone else, but UNIQUELY DIFFERENT.
Spiritual GIFTEDNESS does not equal Spiritual MATURITY. (10 mins)
Romans 12:4-8 / 1 Peter 4:10 / 1 Corinthians 12:4-5
- Spiritual MATURITY comes when we USE our gift for the building of the BODY and the furthering of the KINGDOM.
- If your gift is _______________ than ________________.
- Our gifts are to be used for the KINGDOM, not for OURSELVES.
Finding Your Gift: (20 mins) 10:10
Romans 12:3-8 / 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 / Ephesians 4:11-16, I Peter 4:7-11
- The Speaking Gifts
- Prophecy: “A believer who tells God’s message for a specific situation.” (Romans 12:6, I Cor 12:10, Eph 4:11)
- Evangelism: “A believer has a deep burden for soul winning, and has a gift of easily sharing the gospel.” (Eph 4:11)
- Shepherding: “A believer who shepherds the local church. They lead and help people who are having problems by sharing Biblical truths.” (Eph 4:11)
- This is not Discipleship: Every gift is used to Disciple
- Teaching: “A believer has a burden to see others grow and learn through Bible study. They present Biblical truths in a logical and systematic way.” (Rom 12:7, Eph 4:11, I Cor 12:28-29)
- Encouragement: “A believer who urges other believers through advice, warning, admonishing, etc to do what is right in Christ. They encourage others to run the race and continue in Jesus Christ.” (Rom 12:8)
- Knowledge: “A believer who loves to research, investigate, and study the Scriptures. They are not satisfied with a shallow knowledge of God’s word and they seriously study.” (I Cor 12:8)
- Wisdom: “A believer who can apply knowledge and determine a solution. This person usually has the answer to a dilemma.” (I Cor 12:8)