A Pastoral Prayer
Paul and Timothy's Prayer: That you would be filled with the knowledge of God's will.
- How do we receive a knowledge of God's will?
- Confession and Prayer. Isaiah 55:9, I Corinthians 2:16, Romans 5:12, Ecclesiastes 7:20, Jeremiah 17:9
- Place Scripture as the first lens that we see the world through. II Timothy 3:16-17, Psalms 119, John 1:1-4,14
Paul and Timothy's Prayer: That you would have all Spiritual Wisdom and Understanding
- God's will always leads to you or others having a deeper understanding of who He is. I Timothy 2:3-6
- God wants your life to be flexible enough to respond to His calling at a moment's notice. Acts 16:6-10, II Timothy 4:2-3 I Peter 3:14-16
The Reason behind Paul and Timothy's Prayer: Colossians 1:10-12
- That you would walk in a manner worthy of God
- That you would produce fruit in your service
- That you would be strengthened for endurance and patience with joy.
- That you would give thanks to God.
The Only way that you can walk with God is if you are a child of God. Colossians 1:13-14